The future starts now!
“Don’t get swallowed up in a cup of water’‘Do not create a storm in a tea cup ‘Truth is heavy, so few men carry it” – Jewish proverb
Warning: This column may be hazardous to areas of mediocrity in your life!
I know that you have entrusted to me one of your most precious resources, your time. I promise to do my best by the grace of God, to be a good steward of the minutes we spend together. Thank you. Mucho.
Great men are little men expanded. Great lives are ordinary lives intensified. Just one ‘little extra’ will turn your daily ordinary life into extra ordinary living. Life is not a zero-sum game. Life is a choice not a chance. The willingness to go the extra mile actually does make a difference. I pray from the depth of my heart that you will earnestly locate that ‘little extra’ that will make your joy complete and full.
COMIC RELIEF: Just for laughs, ‘…a merry heart does good as medicine’ – Proverbs 17:22
Japan had invented a machine that catches thieves. They took it out to different countries for tests. In US, in 30 minutes, it caught 20 thieves, UK, in 30 minutes, it caught 500 thieves, Spain, in 20 minutes, it caught 25 thieves, Ghana, in 10 minutes, it caught 6,000 thieves, Uganda, in 7 minutes, it caught 20,000 thieves, Nigeria, in 5 minutes, the machine was stolen! Can a Man ever do a wrong transaction with God?
A friend invited Paul to his church for a thanksgiving service; and Paul sat at the front row. When it was time for offering, the offering basket was passed around. Despite the Pastor’s charge for good offering, Paul still hurriedly and secretly pulled out N50 from his pocket and dropped it. Just then, the person behind him tapped him on the shoulder and handed him a N1, 000 note. Paul smiled, hmmm, so generous. Then majestically, Paul looked around and put the N1, 000 in the offering basket and passed it on. Then Paul turned and thanked the man seriously for being so generous. He replied, “…Don’t mention, be more careful next time, it fell from your pocket” Whaaaat!!!!!????.” “Usher please wait, wrong transaction!!!!!!!!!.” Don’t laugh too much pls…
A man in Malawi calls his son in South Africa last week and says, “I hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing, forty-five years of misery is enough” “Dad, what are you talking about?'” the son screams. “We can’t stand the sight of each other any longer”, the father says. “We’re sick of each other and I’m sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in USA and tell her” Frantically, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone, “Like hell they’re getting divorced”, she shouts, “I’ll take care of this” She calls home immediately and screams at her father, “You are NOT getting divorced. Don’t do a single thing until I get there. I’m calling my brother back and we’ll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don’t do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME!!!?” And hangs up. The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. “I told you, it’s done! They are coming home this week!”
Stay humble……make your choice and your choice will make you!
In a street accident, a woman tried to help the victims but suddenly a nurse came and said…”Miss, excuse me! I am a nurse and i can do it better. Step back… I’ve had a course in first aid and I’m trained in giving first aid and CPR” The woman stepped aside and watched the procedure and said, “If you need a doctor, I’m just behind you.”The nurse turned and looked at the woman in dismay. Humility counts! Stay humble. If you must go far in life, you will need to drop your pride and treat people right.
Pride only drives good people away because it stinks.
CONNECT THE PRESENT TO THE FUTURE
Planning is the strategy used to connect the present to the future.
Remember that common definition of INSANITY; to do the same thing consistently and expect a different result. To get a different result, you must plan differently, change strategies, and use a different set of tools.
For example, There is a meat you want to divide, you’ve been using a table knife for three (3) years and it’s still not dividing – Please try a kitchen knife or better still a cutlass, the meat will divide in one strike. It’s time to connect the present to the future by planning differently. Take time to pray, study and set new goals, (goals that are big enough to contain God and challenge your faith). It’s a new dawn for you, have an awesome season! A NEW YOU will determine and define your clement future!
What are Your Personal Development Plans? You need a detailed, well-Structured, well-articulated and well-written plan, which you must be loyal and committed to!
Your Personal Development Plan Format must include:
- Spiritual development (Moving from relationship to quality fellowship with your God and Creator)?
- How many spiritual and mind-enhancing books are you going to read (weekly, monthly or quarterly)?
- Professional and Career Advancement Seminars, Conferences or Workshops to attend (Paid or Free)?
- Mentors and Coaches you must connect with, that will add great value to your life.
- Relevant Skills to develop or sharpen to enhance your ability to SERVE and EARN?
- Network or Associations to join that will serve as Leverages?
- What products, or Services will you be creating this year to multiply IMPACT and improve INCOME?
- Negative relationships or friendships to sever from or cut off?
- Wise and Intelligent Investments to be involved in this year?
- Negative habits, attitudes and behaviours to deal with.
- Positive habits, attitudes and behaviours that must be cultivated.
Let’s make things better!
YOU HOLD THE KEY TO YOUR OWN PEACE
It is all about how you see yourself! You were born in a first class hospital, I was delivered at home, we both survived. You went to a private primary school and I went to a public school, we both ended in the same high school. You woke up from the bed and I woke from the floor, we both had a peaceful night rest. Your outfits are all expensive, mine are all simple and cheap, we both still cover our nakedness. You ate fried rice and roasted chicken, I ate roasted plantain with palm oil and fresh pepper but we both still ate to our satisfaction. You ride on Lexus jeep, Range Rover, G Wagon, Hummer Jeep and I use public transport but we still get to our various destinations. You may typing and receiving your text messages from your Sony xperia, BB Z10, Q10, Samsung Galaxy 6edge, IPhone6+ and I type and receive mine with my Touch one broken screen, we still see the message. Lifestyle is not a competition and there are different ways to get a lot of things done, different lanes all leading to the same destination.
Just because your neighbour is doing things faster does not mean you are failing. Happiness doesn’t come from having everything, but making the best out of what you have; it’s all about how you see yourself. Happiness is not having what you like. Happiness is liking what you have and being contented. Hahahahaeeh!
- Never discuss your problems with everyone, 20% will not Care, and 80% will be glad that you have them.
- Life is similar to a Boxing Game. Defeat is not declared when you fall down. Defeat is declared when you refuse to Get Up. (Micah 7:8, Proverbs 24:16)
- It is Always the WRONG PEOPLE who teach the RIGHT LESSONS in Life. That is called LIFE EXPERIENCE.
- Everything is Valuable only on two occasions: Before Getting It and After Losing It.
- Two Places are most Valuable in the World: The NICEST Place is to favourably be in someone’s thoughts. The SAFEST Place is to be in someone’s Prayers
- EGO is the only requirement which destroys any Relationship. – Be a bigger n better person, skip the ‘E’ & let it ‘GO’. Be GOOD TO ‘GO’
- As long as we do not forgive people who have hurt us; they occupy a ‘RENT-FREE-SPACE’ in our minds.
- I asked GOD: If everything is already written in Destiny, then why should I Pray?- GOD Smiled and said, ‘I have also Written ‘CONDITIONS APPLY’.
- Empty pockets teach millions of things in life. BUT full pockets spoil us in million ways.
- TRUST is like a sticker. Once it is removed, it may stick again, But not as Strong as it holds when you first applied.
- Never win people with arguments. Rather defeat them with your smile. Because People who always wish to argue with you, cannot bear your SILENCE.
- ‘MEMORIES’ are always special. Sometimes, we laugh by remembering the days we cried, and sometimes, we cry by remembering the days we laughed. That’s LIFE!
- We love ourselves even after making so many mistakes; then how can we hate others for their small mistakes?
- Strange but true! Make a habit of forgiving. Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge!
- ON EARNING: Never depend on single income. Make investment to create a second chance.
- ON SPENDING: If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.
- ON SAVINGS: Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.
- ON TAKING RISK: Never test the depth of a river with both feet.
- ON INVESTMENT: Do not put all eggs in one basket.
- ON EXPECTATIONS: Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people.
- If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present. Past is a waste paper. Present is a newspaper and future is a question paper.
- When bad things happen in your life you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you or you can let it strengthen you.
- Empty pockets teach you a million things in life but full pockets spoil you in a million ways.
- Our eyes are in the front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.
- We used pencils when we were small but now we use pens… do you know why? Because mistakes in childhood can be erased but not now. So, read and write carefully otherwise life will be a tissue paper.
- Stay away from Anger. It hurts…Only You! If you are right then there is no need to get angry. And if you are wrong then you don’t have any right to get angry.
- Patience with family is love, patience with others is respect. Patience with self is confidence and patience with GOD is faith.
- Never Think Hard about the PAST, it brings tears…Don’t think more about the FUTURE, it brings Fear…
- Live this Moment with a Smile, it brings Cheer.
- Every test in your life makes you bitter or better.
- Every problem comes to make you or break you; the choice is yours whether you become a victim or a victor.
- Beautiful things are not always good but good things are always beautiful.
- Do you know why God created gaps between fingers? So, that someone who is special to you comes and fills those gaps by holding your hand forever.
- Happiness keeps you sweet. But being sweet brings happiness.
- Once, all the villagers decided to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all the people gathered but only one boy came with an umbrella. That’s FAITH!
- When you throw a baby in the air, she laughs because she knows you will catch her. That’s
- Every night we go to bed, without any assurance of being alive the next morning but still we set the alarms to wake up. That’s HOPE!
- We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future. That’s CONFIDENCE!
- We see the world suffering. But still we get married. That’s LOVE!
- On an old man’s shirt was written a cute sentence, ‘I am not 60 years old. I am Sweet 16 with 44 years’ Experience.’ That’s ATTITUDE!
Good morning! (Psalm 30:5)